Article no.: HFC Ammonia
Ammonia is a raw material in the production of many nitrogen based fertilizers. It is also a building block for many chemicals, synthetic fibres, explosives and cleaners.
- Click & Collect from 1 € 0.00 Incl. 0.00% VATLocal pick-up
- DHL from 1 € 0.00 € 5.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
- DHL Express from 1 € 0.00 € 11.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery on the next day
- Fedex from 1 € 0.00 € 6.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
- TNT from 1 € 0.00 € 8.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
Ammonia is a compound of nitrogen and hydrogen with the formula NH3. It is a colourless gas with a characteristic pungent smell. It is available in gaseous form and boils at -34°C. In a liquid state, ammonia has to be tranported under pressure or in a refrigerated state. Ammonia contains about 82 % nitrogen. Most production is today based on natural gas or from coal gasification.
Examples of applications
More than 80 % of all Ammonia is consumed as fertilizer as a salt or solution. Almost all products made of rubber contain ammonia compounds. In the pharmaceutical industry Sul-fonamide result from Ammonia. In a diluted form it is used as a household cleaner with 5-10 % ammonia content. Furthermore, it is useful for environmental protection, as an agent for the quenching and desulphurization of flue gas in power stations.
- Bulk in rail tank cars